Before I can officially move on to 2014, I wanted to do a recap of my 10 favorite projects in 2013. From DIY home furnishings and decor to refurbishing old furniture, I'm proud to say that we accomplished a lot this year.
Let's take a look back to see some of my favorite projects...
2. Amazingly enough, not only did I complete this project, but I actually pulled it off. This repurposed credenza tutorialbrightened up our master bedroom and brought over a lot of traffic from Pinterest for me this year.
3. TheseDollar Store serving trayswere a huge hit at my Sister-in-Law's bridal shower. Perfect for her mini-food and rainbow themed party... and cheap too!
4. I started posting themed Friday Favorites this year. My mason jar mealroundup was one of the most popular.
5. This doesn't apply to everyone, but if you're a crafter and own tons of vinyl, then this post benefited you. It was sort of genius, in my opinion.
6. After I discovered that Home Depot sells sheets of chalkboard, I brought home a large piece and used crown molding to create this framed chalkboardfor my craft room. I'll let you in on a little secret. I still have never written on it. I'm terrible at writing with chalk, but it sure looks pretty.
7. John designed and built this coffee table with interchangeable topfor our new house earlier this year. Whenever I have a really long list of expectations for one piece of furniture, he usually ends up building it. This table fits perfect into the L shape of our couch and allows me to change out the top design whenever I want. I had high hopes of changing this out for the holidays, but I never got around to it. Classic Hilary.
8. This was the summer of mason jars and lemonade at my house. This wasn't the most unique or complicated recipe, but dang is this sweet strawberry lemonadegood.
9. Some of my first "sewing" projects on the blog this year were these pillows made using napkins. Once I realized how easy this was, I started feeling napkins at stores to see if they are double sided. Heaven forbid I sew all four sides of a square cloth together.
10. What's the first thing you do when you get a new house? You put liner in all of your kitchen cabinets. Or if you're like me, you turn it into a ridiculously large project and you can't unpack anything for a week until it's done.
I've spent a lot of time on Pinterest this year, so I'm excited to see what kind of projects 2014 will bring us!