If any of you are friends with me on Pinterest, you may have noticed that I recently became obsessed with dreamcatchers. I couldn't find a good tutorial about how to make them, let alone how to tie those cool knots on the inside. This tutorial shows how to simply make a dreamcatcher without having any knot-tying skills!
2. Once you've wrapped and wrapped and wrapped the whole thing, cut 4" pieces of twine. The quantity depends on how many holes of the doily you want to stretch out.
3. I bought this doily from the Dollar Tree a long time ago and never had a use for it until now! I started by stretching only 8 holes out, but I decided to keep going for some reason. Looking back, that looked pretty cool.
4. This is what it looks like after I stretched out 16 holes.
5. Now just choose random long items to hang from it. The items I used were: long strips of cut up fabric, a strip cut from a pillow case, embroidery string with pearls strung on it, and strips of lace ribbon.
6. Final touches: I weaved a piece of light pink embroidery string around the inner circle of the doily and tied knots around the pearls to keep them from moving. Get creative! You can tie beads randomly to the doily or hang things off of it.
I made quite a mess trying to find inspiration for this project...
What do you think? Pretty easy, right!? I think I'm going to start making custom ones and giving them out as gifts!